September 26, 2011

Saint Irene

Hello, friends! I've had my crafty nose to the grindstone getting ready for Indie Emporium. If you're near Tulsa, I hope you'll stop by and say hello.


I've got a couple new things up my sleeve for the show, including the newest Sweetheartville Saint, Saint Irene, Patron Saint of Crafting.

St. Irene, Patron Saint of Crafting
The DIY canon is full of needleworkers, but I felt that a general, all purpose crafty lady was in order, so Saint Irene is surrounded by all sorts of craftastic flowers that she has whipped up from tissue paper, feathers, and sea shells. Look closely and you'll also see some glittery bobbles, pipe cleaner curls, a pair of pine cone elves, and a pretty little beaded bird lighting on her shoulder. This lady definitely knows how to wield a hot glue gun!

Normally, I just pull these saint lady names out of thin air, but this one is near and dear to my heart. She is named for my Grandma, one of the craftiest people I've ever known. From crocheting to painting to plastic canvas work to Barbie doll hats made from melted styrofoam cups, she did it all, and I learned so much at her knee. I'm lucky to have been named after her, myself. This little collage is a wink to her memory. I think she would have gotten quite a kick out of it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love her! I cant wait to see your set up at this year's Indie! Hope we're neighbors too :D happy crafting!

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh how I wish I could attend!!! Just love your style and your new lady is fabUlous!! Have a great weekend.
Cheers!
Holly