November 20, 2010

Reba's Rocker

My sweet in laws gifted us with a bit of cash earmarked for some new furniture, specifically a rocking chair, and this is the one that I settled on. According to the seller, the chair and its mate (which I didn't purchase) most recently belonged to Oklahoma's own Reba McEntire, and came from an auction at her ranch house near the little shop where I found it. Judging by the wooden peg construction, I believe it must be somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 years old.

reba's rocker

A rocking chair will be very nice to have in the house come next spring. Yes, the members of Welcome Little Stranger will be welcoming a new little stranger into our family sometime in May, and we couldn't be happier!

4 comments:

Heather said...

i can't wait to welcome your newest little stranger! This chair is so sweet and how cool that it was Reba's??? Great story to go with it!

Robin Thomas said...

I love rockers.I love that rocker. I also think you rock. And clearly it is even easier now...

Holly said...

It looks so lovely and inviting! I can just picture your sweet little family hanging out together as you rock the new babeh. This gives me warm fuzzies, Holly!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I love your rocking chair and the history that goes along with it!