December 17, 2009

Deluxe Numero Tres

Another excellent Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar is over. Despite getting only four hours sleep the night before and managing to forget several pieces of my display, the show was a success. I met lots of new folks, received many, many overly flattering compliments on my work, and generally reveled in the company of hundreds of art-loving, handmade-supporting, like-minded people.


My Beauty Buttons were, once again, a hit.


The dryer chair, of course, made another appearance, this time to hold throw pillows made from vintage textiles.


I was so excited to debut two brand new products, both near and dear to my heart. It's a big step for me, putting my artwork and photography out there for public scrutiny, but I received so many lovely compliments on my new postcards featuring six of my photographs of vintage signs.


Another brand new offering were these prayer candles featuring my digital collage of Saint Tammy, Patron Saint of Hairstylists. My very dear friend Christie suggested the idea, and after a lot of hard work and experimentation with different papers and methods of applying my artwork to the glass, I couldn't be more pleased with the final product. The Beauty Operators loved them!


I hope to have these and some other new items listed in my Etsy shop very soon!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your booth was so darn adorable! LOVE all your new items. You've got style, ma'am!

Hez said...

I love those candles!!!

Brigid said...

I'm giving my stylist the Saint Tammy candle on Sunday (how appropriate). I know he'll love it. You're always one of my favorite booth neighbors.

Robin Thomas said...

That booth looks great. And bravo for hauling that dryer chair around. It looks great in place but I bet you question it at times, like when you are getting it in and out of the car. I know how that is, so, good for you. Happy Holidays, girl!

Do you think its funny that my word for verification on this comment is "horingle"???

Tracey said...

You make some of the coolest stuff I've ever seen Holly. I'm amazed at your talent!