August 6, 2012

Folklore Flowers

folky florals

I have a serious thing for folky florals. Hand-painted or embroidered, I can't get enough of them. Brightly colored flowers on a background of black? Oh God, yes. One day I hope to have an entire wardrobe of embroidered German dirndls, Scandinavian sweaters, and Mexican Puebla dresses. Until then, I'm enjoying drooling over the stunning traditional costumes at Folklore Fashion, a blog by Laila Duran chronicling the making of her books on the subject. So much gorgeousness there!

                                                                        Photo copyright Laila Duran 2012

2 comments:

Heather said...

Surely it doesnt need to be said that I love all this stuff too :) These are great finds!

Sidereal Day said...

Oh yes!I'm partial to folk style flowers too, especially the ones with the black backgrounds.