May 29, 2007

Showmen's Rest

Well, Dollfaces, I've finally returned from the Deep South . We had such a great trip, and I can't wait to share it with all of you. I know how much I enjoy looking at pictures of other peoples' vacations, so I know you will, too. Stay tuned this week for all the fascinating details.
Our first stop was the Showmen's Rest section of the Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Hugo, Oklahoma. Here are some of the highlights:









It's hard to tell from the picture, but this stone is a bench, hence the hilarious, "Have a seat on me" line, followed by the occupant's signature.


And my personal favorite, a snake handler's stone bearing one of my favorite sayings, and a motto to live by.



Frances, I would have liked to have known you. To each his own, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Sweetheartville,

I'm interested in borrowing some of your pictures of Showmen's Rest to use for a school assignment.

Could you please e-mail me at kdunham (at) connect.carleton.ca for more details? Thanks.

- k